Monday, December 1, 2008

Are We Asleep?

First of all, check out this video...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzyGDOmGpm4

Either you thought that was funny or completely stupid...but if you are like me you thought that it had a hint of cuteness and funniness to it. I kinda laughed at it the first couple times I saw it. Poor Rusty. Anyways, that video about the poor little narcoleptic dog Rusty is not what this blog is about. This blog is about the fact that we as Christians are in a condition that we don't even care about. We have gotten to a stage in our lives where everything seems ok to us and we are on chill mode. We are asleep at the wheel of a moving car. Why don't we care? Are we that self centered that we don't see that we are narcoleptic and that the very things of the world puts us in a sleep or a funk that we don't care to get out of? So maybe that was a dumb video to lead into my blog, but seriously where are we going? There are all different types of people that will read this blog and the question is still there. Where are we going? Are we still in love with the Messiah that took us out of bondage (if we are followers & believers of Christ)? Or are we reverting back to the sin nature we were entangled in before we were saved? Are we going to sin or going towards righteousness? We must face the facts. The church in America has serious issues and is found to be incredible and not even close to the first source people run to in need. The church has a bad reputation because of ministers, bible students, "Christians" that are asleep at the wheel. When will we wake up? When will people begin to see the hurt and the misery of the world? When will we see the people that are abandoned in their life and calling out in need of help? Who is going to reach out and share the gospel? Who will reach out and take care of those people physically, mentally, and spiritually? Right now the American church has overwhelmingly answered that with, "Sorry, I can't help because I need to preach about prosperity or health and wealth." Right now American churches have answered with, "I can't help because that is not my calling, I only feel led to music *or another ministry*" What about this, "I want to help, I just don't have the time." My question still remains, where are we going? From what I can read in churches around the Dallas/Ft Worth metroplex and on the tv waves our calling to help people only comes at the price that they come to our $50 million building that we have built with all of the greatest technology that encompasses everything you can think of imaginable. The churches on tv give a resounding "send money to us" anthem to help their ministry keep going and then you hear a false gospel preached within the next 5 minutes. Where are we going? Right now it seems we are asleep, and America is digressing into a moral decline that is near impossible to get out of. We *true followers of Christ* that understand the gospel and the message of the word of God know that we have a King to serve and that we are not called to be American Christians, but radical believers in Jesus that serves Him unselfishly. This service does not mean that we always have money in the wallet, even though it may happen. This service does not mean that we always have the most awesome technology, though we can. This service does not even mean that we have to invite someone to our church to reach out and do ministry, but requires our dedication to the one that saved us from the bondage of sin and depravity that we could not get out of. We must realize that our nature is to always go back to the life that we had before or to go astray from God but we must fight it with everything we have. God is there with us, when we are losing the battle we just have to ask for wisdom and faith and He will give to us generously what we ask for (James 1). We must keep marching forward and with that in mind we must start living our lives personally for Jesus and carry it to the church. Church is not a place we go to to get amped up on Jesus for the rest of the week, but a place we come to to collectively worship together and fellowship. Every believer has a duty and calling to ministry in some form or fashion, so what is yours? Think outside the box, not just some American way of thinking...but think of innovative ways that God has spiritually gifted you in to reach out and do it with no setbacks. If we don't start acting in truth and share the true gospel then the country is going to be going down in a hurry. Lord wake us up! WAKE UP PEOPLE!
WATCH--> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ0A0xbORPU

LYRICS FROM SHAWN MCDONALD'S HOLD ON
Another day gone by
And again I ask myself why
I question my sanity
Why I believe what I believe
Some might think that I am crazy
For believing in something I cannot see
So won't You now
Hold on to me, hold on Hold on to me, yeah
Please don't let me go no, no, hold on
'Cause I am prone to wonder
Prone to leave this faith I know
Hold on
And now they say that the wise man
Well, he fears the Lord
And this fear, well, it's the beginning of all wisdom
And I must be a fool
'Cause I sure don't seem to fear You
'Cause the very things that You will me to do
ell, I just don't seem to get around to
The very things that You hate
Are the very things that I always stumble into
Hold on Hold on
Hold on Hold on
'Cause I am prone to leave this faith I know
Prone to leave this God I love
Won't You hold on
Won't You hold on to me

....so guys we are prone to leave God in our sinful nature, but we must press forward in the righteousness that He has now called us to. Romans 6...check it out. Please wake up to the fact that we are letting the church die and the message of our Savior be marred. We are letting people share a false gospel that is taking people to an eternity without God. Realize that our hope is only in the Lord and nothing else in this world and our service to Him is first priority.

Much Love!

1 comment: