Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hmmm...

Maybe this is weird but for some reason I thought about the Columbine incident and started doing some research about Cassie Bernall and also Rachel Scott. They both were incredible people before they were shot to death in the school shooting incident. I found journal pages that you can read on http://www.racheljoyscott.com/rachelslegacy.htm# of Rachel Scott obviously and one struck my eye....and I will be back to check it out. If you click on the second journal link and scroll over a few pages is the one that floored me.

"Dear God,
Why do feel dry in your spirit?" is the start of it and it is the last entry in that journal. I found that profound. The journal 3 link is amazing all the way through. When I read those things it is weird...those journals are kinda what I feel at times. I too have a heart that at times screams out "I don't care what happens or if I am alone, I am going to live and preach for Jesus." Yet there are always times where you go back and say, "Lord I am dry and I need you." Two young girls in their teens knew what it was all about though as they stood for Christ in the end.
here is an almost 9 minute video that you should check out...if not now then later. It will absolutely blow your mind about the message of forgiveness by Darrell Scott, Rachel's dad.




One more thing...here is a song wrote about Cassie Bernall...which I didn't talk about as much here, but its great. Check it out.





Maybe we could live for God in the small situations so that when the real time comes to stand for God we will know how.

No comments: