Monday, February 16, 2009

Redeemed

I am part of a church choir and for those of you who think that "church choir" is old fashioned and not cool, come see us. I am not saying, "Hey come see us perform or do a show." I am simply saying that from experience with what is going on I am so happy to be a part of a core set of believers that is trying to make their walk and their love for Christ show in the way they worship. Our music ministers name is Eric and he constantly reminds us that when we sing on Sundays it is not the time to be showing our praise at the start of the week but a time to reflect how we have done it all week and outpour that into the service so that other people can see and feel how real Jesus is. The music that we read is usually a little different than what we sing and often it is said, "Your music is only a guide," meaning that Eric is taking us to a new place and to just go with him. haha. It is fun to sing and make music that glorifies God but there is so much more.

Every week we come in and, though it takes up a lot of time out of rehearsal, we give praise and prayer requests. We will sit there for a while and share stories of what God is doing and how we need prayer or praise God for what He has done. This is honestly my favorite part of choir. There have been many times that you sit down and can see the hand of God moving through someone or a situation. I have gotten tears before because of this. Tears of joy and tears of emotion for someone that is going through some tough issues. Sometimes Eric will pray and then sometimes he will split it up so others can, and then sometimes we break into groups and pray. Beyond that there is more.

The people in Redeemed are the most genuine, loving, caring people you will ever meet. Whenever I got to the lowest point in my life where I could not make it another minute without God reassuring me, people from the choir stepped in and prayed and took me to dinner and loved on me. Whenever I had my wreck I was on my way to sing with everyone and praise God's name. The first people to check on me and to pray for me were the people in redeemed. The hardest part of my life was passed through by the grace of God showing and pulling me through and with the Almighty placing those people in my life. Since then I have built relationships with people that I never hope go away. I have bonds with both guys and girls in there that are unique and amazing beyond what I can imagine. The stories of those around me and the possibility of taking ministry further with a couple of them puts a joy in my heart. This obviously is only a God thing and for Him I give the glory. When I miss choir on Wednesday nights it throws me off. When I don't get to sing with them on Sundays however I am blessed because I can hear them and know that I am part of a group that is striving to show worship to the most High Creator of the Universe. What is better than that? I don't really know. I love me some Redeemed though and I am just going to leave it with that.

No comments: